I mentioned the... interesting behavior of the logout endpoint in
#matrix-dev:matrix.org and discovered that it's actually a bug in syanpse.
I searched for an existing issue in case there was one and right as I found
it, Matthew made a new
issue... Anyway, this didn't
seem like too huge a task, so I thought maybe I'd give it a shot.
The fix turned out to be pretty simple, I figured it out in about 20 minutes.
Unfortunately, it turned out that someone else had already made a pull
request that fixes this bug.
Double unfortunately, it isn't a very well written fix either: instead of using
the members of
AuthError to dynamically generate the error to send to the
client, the values were hard-coded. This meant that their version would only
tell you your token is "unknown or expired", even if there was never a token
provided. Instead of continuing to talk about the issue in
#matrix-dev:matrix.org, Rich suggested I write my thoughts in a comment on
so we'll see how that goes.